Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Layout from Valerie

Hello Blue Fern fans!  It has been a great start to 2014 here at Blue Fern Studios.  I sure hope you've enjoyed what our new design team has shown you so far this year.  They sure are a talented group of women, and there's so much more to come this month.

Today it's my turn to share a layout with you, titled "Best of Times". 


I have used 4 different pieces of Blue Fern chipboard, although they might not be obvious at first glance.  I'll start with one of the most obvious, the frame, from the Memory Frames set.  Ever struggle with a title?  I do all the time, so I love it when an embellishment, such as chipboard, provides the title.  I coated this piece with gesso and used a black paint dabber.  It was very quick and easy.  Then adhere the frame to your photo, and cut around it!


I also used the Berry Stems in my flower cluster.  Once again, I coated the chipboard with gesso, and used a dabber style paint.  Not only does it go on quickly, but there is no mess!



I also used one of the pieces from the Winter Page Dangles set of 3.  I cut it in half and used it in two places on my layout.  These pieces were also coated with gesso, then some gold paint that had some shimmery bits in it, which gave it a rough texture.  I then applied a little Inka Gold. 



The fourth piece of chipboard is from the Ever After Frame Set. It's a little oval frame that I have tucked behind my photo on the top right side.  Who says frames have to go over your photos?  I also used a paint dabber on that piece, and when dry, used some permanent ink and a text stamp.

I urge you to not only use your embellishments for the obvious, but try to find other ways to use them, as well.

That's all for today.  Be sure to check back to see what our other designers have for you!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Valerie!! I always struggle with title and so I am delighted when I can use a chi[bi\oard word to provide that for me!! Love the way you framed the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these elements are perfect on this page! I adore how you blended them all to work with the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work Valerie! Everything about the LO is perfect!

    ReplyDelete