Saturday, January 18, 2014

My First Post By Keren Tamir



Hi Everyone!!
Keren here with my first post for Blue Fern Studios and I'm really excited to showcase my work with these beautiful chipboards!!



but first a little about myself:

I'm 39 years old. I am a wife to a wonderful husband who is very supportive of my scrapbooking and a mother of two amazing kids; a 12 year old boy and a 7 year old girl. I've been scrapbooking for 10 years and I mainly scrapbook about my family. I love to create and experiment with many different mediums and techniques.

My style is a combination of Shabby chic and mixed media. I use lots of flowers and vines together with different artistic mediums on my layouts. My style is always evolving and that’s one of the things I love about this art.

One of the main reasons I started scrapbooking was to preserve memories and photos for my children. However over the couple of years, I’ve started to enjoy another aspect of scrapbooking. I love the artistic outlet that it gives me. I love to create and I’m passionate about what I do.

I’m delighted to be joining Blue Fern Studios on this new journey!!

I hope you enjoy my creations!!

you can also find me HERE on my blog.



Now without further adieu here is my first project:


"All You Need Is Love"
Altered Canvas


This is a 12x12 Canvas I created for a friend. 
Its one of the most powerful messages, sang by one of the greatest bands of all times.
If all of us just loved, this world would be a better place!!!


I covered the Ornate Heart with gold crackle paint. Then I edged it with brown ink and stamped it randomly all over with a script stamp. I also used the script stamp on the background. Finally I smeared some gold glitter stickles all over the heart.


You can see the heart's texture a little closer below. The crackle paint gave it an antique look.
The Love title from the Valentine's Word set was simply sprayed in black ink.


Blue Fern Studios chipboard used on this Canvas:
Ornate Heart
Valentine's Word Set (Love)

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

"You Shine"


In this bright and cheerful layout of my son I have used a few pieces of the Tattered Diamond bits. I cut them in different places so I could spread them throughout my page.
They were first covered in Turquoise acrylic paint and then stamped with a script stamp using a darker shade of acrylic turquoise paint.


You can see the diamond bits in a close-up below. I also smeared some white gesso on them to blend it with the rest of the layout.


The title "You Shine" is from the Optimist Word Set.  It was covered in the same dark hued paint from above.


Blue Fern Studios chipboard used on this layout:
Tattered diamond bits
The optimist Word Set (You Shine)


Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studio's blog.
I hope you enjoyed my creations

Have a wonderful day!!
Keren

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects, Keren - that textured canvas is so cool, especially the crackled heart. Lovely layout too - the tattered diamonds look very tempting!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome texture work on the canvas Keren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous canvas and layout! Love the amazing texture you achieved on the canvas and the stamping too! Great bright layout and love those diamond bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your canvas is an incredible piece of art work. How you used your mixed media on the the Ornate Heart is incredible. Your layout is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are amazing, Keren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Keren! Love your canvas, what an amazing thoughtful gift! Love the gold.

    ReplyDelete