Saturday, January 25, 2014

My first post with Jelissa Mei

Hi everyone! Today is my first post with Blue Fern Studios and I can't tell you how excited I am to be part of this really talented team.

Just a little about myself. I'm currently a forensic scientist and I married to a wonderful man. Together we have two beautiful (but mischievous) boys whom I often make the subjects of my scrapping. I first picked up scrapbooking when my eldest was born to record his childhood, but it slowly became a way to balance and express myself after a long day at a very disciplined line of work. I don't have any particular style, although I tend towards shabby chic and mixed media, and I like to let go and put into my craft whatever the photo or sentiments make me feel. 

You can see more of my works on my blog, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

And these are what I have to share with you today:

"Just Because"
Altered Tag


This is a tag I made for a colleague. We share a lot of fun and woes together, and have supported one another throughout the stressful periods at work.



I brushed gesso on the smallest piece of the Graduated Circles and misted it before heat-setting with purple-tinted clear embossing powder. For the Gabrielle butterfly, I painted on the colors and finished it off with some Stickles for a shimmery look. To create the feelers, I used some left over cord and twisted them, and added a drop of dimensional paint at the ends.

Blue Fern Studios chipboards used on this tag:
Graduated Circles
Gabrielle Butterfly

---------------

"Cash Gift Holder"



The second item is a cash gift holder, or what we Chinese call 红包 (red packet). It is usually a red rectangular envelope where cash is kept as a gift for weddings, birthday and for children during Chinese New Year visitations. I was attending a colleague's wedding and instead of using the generic red packets lying around, I decided to make my own.


For this item, I used the Page Chain and snipped into two pieces. Both were brushed with gesso and misted. This was followed by some random stamping with Versamark and sprinkling clear embossing powder over. The result is a glazed textural effect on the chipboard.

Blue Fern Studios chipboard used on this project:
Page Chains

 That's all I have for now, and thank you for dropping by the blog. Have a great week ahead!

Jelissa

5 comments:

  1. Ooh these are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft muted colors, gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous makes... love the layered distressed papers on the first one - so pretty!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Your card was as much a grift as what was inside.

    ReplyDelete