Monday, January 27, 2014

Some "Blue Fern Garden" Collection Inspiration w/Erin Blegen

Good morning!

Erin Blegen here to share with you my projects for January, including a couple of layouts using the NEW Blue Fern Garden Collection~!!

You will absolutely LOVE these papers :). They are incredibly detailed with crystal clear images printed on a nice heavyweight paper. I was impressed...and I'm confident that you will be too :)

"Magical"
First up, I have a girly girl layout to really show off the truly feminine side of this collection. Lots of pinks with just a hint of blues, paired with a few of my most favorite of the new chipboard designs...

This piece is one of the "Jeweled Page Baubles". I've dressed it up with glitter and various colors of microbeads.

The "Jeweled Trinkets" like this one are just as beautiful :)

I tore a section of the "Number Grid- Small" to create a textured photo mat. I used a sandy colored chalk ink and just a hint of mist/embossing powder to give it a little bit of color.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Blue Fern Garden Collection Papers
Number Grid- Small
Jeweled Trinkets
Jeweled Page Baubles

Next up I have another layout for you using the Blue Fern Garden Collection:

"Live Your Story"
I've taken the opportunity to show the masculine side of this collection with this layout. There are plenty of blues, greens, and browns in these papers which I've put to use here :)

I've added stamping and watercolors to bring the "Beaded Strings" piece to life.

Adding a darker pigment to the outside of the circles while dabbing away the middles helps add some dimension.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Blue Fern Garden Collection Papers
Beaded Strings

Finally, I have a sweet and simple card to share:

"Dream"
I've used one of the sweet little "Petite Windows" pieces to give view to the pretty fairy beyond.

I first dabbed the edges of the window with a pale blue chalk ink and then used Glossy Accents and some white glittery embossing powder to create a frosted look over the rest of the window.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Petite Windows

I'm so glad you stopped in today :)
I hope you've enjoyed this first look at the Blue Fern Garden Collection in action!

And in case you haven't yet, I invite you to join us for our monthly sketch challenge. There are still a few days remaining and we'd LOVE to have you join us :)

Take care!

11 comments:

  1. so beautiful.....love all of that yummy layering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, what gorgeous projects! I love the papers, they are gorgeous, and you designs and all the lovely floral and chippie work just adds to the beauty of them!!! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects, as well as the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely designs by the team. bravo showcasing blue fern

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layouts are incredible! You used the paper beautifully. I love the mixed media on the chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check with your bank, the internet, newspapers and various places for the current monthly interest rate. You make sure your dollars can be reached simply as well as speedily if you require it for a urgent situation!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete