Monday, January 13, 2014

Two layouts by Marie-Josée Hamel

Hello all,

It's my turn today to share my first layouts with you as a new DT member. My name is Marie-Josée Hamel, aka mariemily.


I am a French Canadian living in the Ottawa region with my husband, Michael, and my daughter, Emily, who is 9. I discovered scrapbooking in 2006 and have been hooked to this hobby ever since. You can see my other projects on my blog, Les créations de mariemily (in French and English).

I am really excited to be part of the Blue Fern Studios DT and I hope you will find my projects inspiring.

Today, I have two projects to show you.

"C'est toi la plus belle" layout

I am a huge fan of rainbows and I love to use this color scheme on my layouts. Here, I decided to paint the Chunky Heart Panel and to alter it with shimmery paints, namely the Silks acrylic glazes:

Then, I added color to the center of some heart using Twinkling H2O watercolors:


And I sprayed all the colors of the rainbow over my layout:


Here's a close-up view of the painted chipboard:


"Le roi de l'hiver" layout

I took this picture of a snowy owl on December 29 and decided to use it to create a winter layout in a monochromatic scheme.



I used the Blue Fern Frame. I primed it with gesso, then added Silks Acrylic Glazes in Iridescent Green, and applied Stickles here and there with a paintbrush.






8 comments:

  1. wow these are both equally gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love that owl layout, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique!!! Les 2 dans 2 styles différents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning work Marie, congrats on a beautiful first DT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Mariemily go!
    Tu es trop bonne;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both stunning pieces, love the vibrant colours of the first with the hearts and the lovely textures of the second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Both pieces are equally beautiful!!! And I love that you used Silks and Twinkling H2O's to adorn your chipboard!! They work like magic on chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete