Thursday, March 27, 2014

March Projects w/Erin Blegen

Hello :)

Erin Blegen here today to share my March projects with you. I always enjoy varying my projects each month, so today I have for you a layout, a card, and a tag...a little bit of something for everyone.

Let's get started :)

"Always"
The large panels available from Blue Fern Studios like this "Number Grid" one are so great for working with 12" x 12" layouts. I like to cut mine up and make them suit my design. 


I painted the panel white before randomly dabbing it with embossing ink, sprinkling with Stampendous "Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel", and setting with a heat gun. I love the pretty pink and textured bits splattered throughout the chipboard to mimic my background.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Number Grid

"Different" Card

As like anyone who has ever used chipboard before, sometimes the raw look just suits the project best. Here I've used a few various pieces and have simply dabbed them randomly with a Prima white chalk edger pad before adding them to my project. Combined with some of the more subtle Blue Fern Studios papers, I created a neutral, monochromatic look which I love.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden "Love Letters"
Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards"
Checker Bits
Film Strips
Eclectic Hearts

"Love" Tag
 Sometimes downsizing a chipboard piece can give you exactly what you need for a particular project. Here I've taken the middle out of the "Helen's Doily" to beautifully accent this tag. Primed with gesso, covered with a Prima "Shabby Tote" chalk edger pad, and adorned with pearls :) The Blue Fern Garden "Picnic" paper was whitewashed with gesso to make it a little bit more subtle in order to achieve the look I was going for.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden "Picnic"
Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards"
Helen's Doily

That's it for me! I hope you enjoyed :)

Don't forget about our March Sketch Challenge- still plenty of time to play along!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Erin you outdid yourself!! The LO is wonderful with all the lovely layers and the fun embellies are a perfect mix with your sweet daughters pic ;) Love the card with the cool mix of vintage and angular, beautiful! The tag is gorgeous, very feminine! The soft colors, tatted lace, and the chipboard treatment really is outstanding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are gorgeous!!!!
    I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects my dear, I love each one specially the layout
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete