Thursday, November 20, 2014

Two Layouts and a Card with Rae

Hello! It's Rae with you today and I'm sharing some projects I made with the Montage and Ombre Dreams paper lines.

"Twinkle" Layout



For this layout I used the Montage paper collection.  It's based on our November sketch. Check out the sketch challenge HERE. There's still time to play along!

Here's a closeup of the Quatrefoil Panel piece that I cut to size. I used pink, white, and gold embossing powders to get this effect.

Here's a closeup of the title that I used from the Winter Titles set. I kept this treatment simple by using gold embossing powder. 


In this close up, you can see the piece of the Heart Border that I cut and painted with a whitewash.

I also cut up the Organic Vine Corner. I painted it with a dimensional green paint, and sprinkled it with green embossing powders and heated it up until the paint was bubbly.




"Follow Your Dreams..." Card


I really wanted to fit this card in a standard envelope, so I made it as flat as I could! I used some of my scraps from the Montage line. 

Here's a closeup that shows the treatment of the Mixed Chains and part of a Ginger's Poppies piece. I used grey and black ink pads directly on the chipboard without priming it.




Mommy's Boy


I used papers from the Ombre Dreams and the Montage lines. 

In this closeup, you can see the Corner Flourish. I also used a Mini Flourish on the other side of my flower cluster. I scraped these pieces with a black archival ink pad that desperately needs to be reinked, but it worked for this layout. :)

For the Mommy's Boy title piece, I used a turquoise embossing powder, then used that same archival ink pad to give it a worn look.

For the Romantic Page Dangle, I used grey chalk ink, then some black distressed embossing powder in random places. I also touched it with some blue chalk ink to soften the look of it. 


Thanks for stopping by to check out my projects today! Check back often- our team is always posting amazing creations!

Rae


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects!! Love the details and techniques. ~~ Mary ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete