Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March projects for Lydia Guijt!

Hello Blue Fern Studios friends! 
Lydia Guijt here again with some new creations for March.
My first layout will be accompanied with a tutorial. You'll find that below.

For my second feature I've made something completely different. I hope you'll like it.

Memories


The new Spring Parade Collection has a beautiful color combination. For this layout I chose the Susie's Garden sheet.
 For my background I started off using the Tattered Harlequin stamp for embossing and the Tattered News Print stamp for inking. After this I used a stencil and paste. After the background work is done I prepared the chipboard pieces. 


Crossing the Lines with Speckled Mint and some Peacock FeathersWild Field Stem with Lavender Eggs on the flower part and Verdant with some sprinkling of Antique Gold. The same process for the Leafy Twigs. The title Memories - Chunky Words Halftone was done in Pink Dust. Once that was all done it was time to assemble the layout. I used the new Spring Peonies and Late Winter Lilies in my flower cluster. To finish off the page I added some further touches. 


Below you'll find the video with the whole process of making this layout. 
Enjoy!





Paper
Spring Parade - Susie's Garden
Chipboard
Crossing the Lines
Wild Filed Stem
Chunky Words Halftone
Leavy Twigs
BFS Embossing Powder 
Pink Dust
Speckled Mint
Lavender Eggs
Verdant
Antique Gold
Glitter
Peacock Feathers
Stamps
Tattered News Print
Tattered Harlequin
Flowers 
Spring Peony and Berries
Late Winter Lilies

Follow your Heart


For my second project I wanted to do something different. 
Our Blue Fern Studios Chipboard is so nice and sturdy, it's perfect to use for Mixed Media projects.
I got a double sided canvas and tore out the center to open it up. I used pastes and stencils to created textures on the outside and center part. Once it was all dry I started with the Shabby Bits Bricks Chipboard pieces as the bast to build the center part on. 


Using other materials like cardboard and metal embellishments stacking and tucking in and under to create interest and textures. On one of the top layers a couple of Leafy Page Accents. Around the edges I used the Note book Edges and having the Layering Stems fall over the edges.


With all the items in place and stuck down it was time to paint everything with black gesso. Once that was all dry it's time paint on all the the accents. The Follow your Heart title was first embossed and further highlighted with some acrylics and pastes.


Chipboard
Notebook Edges
Shabby Brick Bits
Layering Stems
Leafy Page Accents
Follow your Heart
Embossing Powder
Antique Gold

Spring Greetings


For the last project this month I decided to make a set of cards using the new Spring Parade collection.


I started of with cutting different sizes of paper and played around with them creating a layered look. Once it was right I started filling it in with some doilies and some lace. For the Easter card I used one of the Easter Egg Ornaments and embossed it with Lavender Egg. Giving it some extra glitter with Peacock Feathers. The Spring card has a Spring Trinkets chipboard piece and is treated the same way. 


To finish off the cards I used Later Winter Lilies and Soft Blossoms and some other decorations. The final touches were some mist splatters and we're all done with our card set.


Paper
Spring Parade -  Susie's Garden, Market Place, Spring Petites
Chipboard
Easter Egg Ornaments
Spring Trinkets
BFS Embossing Powder 
Lavender Eggs
Glitter
Peacock Feathers
Flowers 
Soft Blossoms
Late Winter Lilies


Thank you so much visiting the blog and looking at my projects! 

Hope to see you again next month!

Lydia Guijt

No comments:

Post a Comment