Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March Scrapbook Page Inspiration by Kris Berc

Hi, Blue Fern Studios friends and fans!  I have some scrapbook page inspiration for you today featuring the brand new beautiful Spring Parade collection.  If you didn't have spring fever before, just wait until you get a look at the pretty pastel colors and gorgeous patterns in this collection.  They are perfect for all of your Spring and Easter projects.

Brilliant

I chose the back side of the Spring Parade Susie's Garden paper as the base of this layout.  I covered it with clear gesso so that I could apply mixed media products.  Then I added 3 shades of pink and purple spray.  It is important to let each color layer dry before adding the next color, otherwise the colors will blend together.  Next, I applied modeling paste through a stencil.  Then I used the Tattered Newsprint stamp to add detail and contrast.


I chose the Spring Parade May Vignettes paper and used both sides of it under my photo.


I used the Blooming Flourishes chipboard set under my photo.  I embossed it with the new Lavender Eggs Imagine Ink embossing powder.  Isn't it pretty?!


I used Imagine Ink 14 Karat embossing powder on the title piece from the Brilliant, Amazing, Dazzling chipboard set.  I also sprinkled some gold beads here and there to coordinate with the gold title piece.


I dabbed the embellishments with a bit of heavy gesso to soften up the look.

and yes, I'm proud of my little girl for her academic accomplishment :)

Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Spring Parade - Susie's Garden
Spring Parade - May Vignettes

Chipboard
Blooming Flourishes
Brilliant, Amazing, Dazzling

Embossing Powder
14 Karat
Lavender Eggs

Stamp
Tattered Newsprint

Flowers
Attic Charm Daisies
Courtship Roses
Dark Tropic Lilies
Heartland Blossoms
Spring Florals

-------------------------

Perfect

For my second layout, I could not resist the Spring Parade June paper!  This paper is so very pretty.  I love the lace print border, the sweet flowers and in the bottom left corner... the Easter egg.  I added just a bit of color to the focal point area of the paper with 3 shades of purple and pink spray.  I topped that with a thin layer of modeling paste through a stencil.


I used three layers of the Spring Parade May Vignettes paper to mat my photo.


The chipboard piece behind my photo is from the Circle Groups set.  There are 5 pieces in that set, so it can be used on several projects!  I embossed it with Imagine Ink Lavender Eggs embossing powder.  It's so sparkly in person!


I was inspired by the colorful Easter eggs in my photo to add several colors of flowers to the page.  I tucked in one of the new Fancy Eggs chipboard pieces which I heat embossed with Imagine Ink Cotton Candy embossing powder.


I also used the Cotton Candy embossing powder on my title piece, which is from the Perfect, Adorable, Special chipboard set.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Spring Parade - June
Spring Parade - May Vignettes

Chipboard
Circle Groups
Fancy Eggs
Perfect, Adorable, Special

Embossing Powder
Cotton Candy
Lavender Eggs

Flowers
Attic Charm Daisies
Late Winter Lilies
Soft Blossoms
Spring Florals

Thank you for stopping by today.
I hope I have inspired you to create with your Blue Fern Studios products!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages Kris!! Wow, Congratulations Allison and parents!!!;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been an elementary teacher for 25 years, and now retired, the layout about the honor roll certificate really touches my heart! Way to Kris and Allison!

    ReplyDelete