Monday, August 28, 2017

August inspiration by Pascale B.

Hello Sweeties

Today I'm back on Blue Fern Studios blog.

The first layout I have to share with you a layout feature a photo montage I've created.I used the new collection Amber and Apricot.


First, I primed the background with clear gesso. Then I mixed some Autumn glitter with a 3D gloss gel to add a design with a stencil to the background. I want the design to be discreet.


I covered the Corner Flourish with a copper crackle paste. I primed the Fern leaves with gesso, then I painted them with different watercolors. While the watercolors were still wet I sprinkled them with several embossing powders: Lime, Avocado, Chili Powder and Hot Cocoa and I heat embossed them.


When the background was dried, I used the Honey Bits and the Departure stamps to add more texture with different Archival inks.


I cut a few papers to add under the photo. Then I glued all the embellishments: some Apricot and Chesterville Blooms, the Fern Leaves and the Corner Flourish. I added some color to the background.


To finish the layout I added some Twig and Paprika seedlings.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Amber & Apricot collection: Busy bees, Joyful and Tweet Melody
Chipboards: Corner Flourish, Fern Leaves
Flowers: Apricot Blooms, Chesterville Blooms
Stamps: Honey Bits, Departure
Glitter: Autumn
Embossing Powders: Chili Powder, Hot Cocoa, Avocado, Lime
Seedlings: Paprika, Twig

------------------------------------

Here is my second project. I used again the Amber & Apricot collection to lay out this photo of a sculpture from Edith Guillaume.


I primed the background with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and clear crackle paste. I let dry naturally.


I primed Krystal's border with white gesso. Then I embossed it with different embossing powders to match the color of the statue. 


When the background was dry, I added another design with the Departure stamp and the Pear embossing powder. Then I added some color with different watercolors.


I primed the Rose leaves with white gesso before painting them with different shades of green and brown watercolors.


I cut a few papers from the Amber & Apricot collection to add under the photo and I glued all the embellishments with a 3D gel.


To finished the layout I added some seedlings and glitter.

Blue Fern Studios products:

Amber & Apricot collection - Birdsong, Tweet Melody, Yesteryear
Chipboards - Krystal's Border, Rose Leaves
Flowers - Fresh Floral
Stamp - Departure
Embossing Powders - Chili Powder, Nutmeg, Auburn, Pearl
Glitter - Autumn
Seedlings - Paprika, Twig

------------------------------------

Here is my third project. I work with the Happy Accident collection to showcase a photo I've taken of the castle of L'Islette where the tempestuous love affair between the two sculptors Camille Claudel and Auguste Rodin was sheltered. 


As usual, I primed the background with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and Graphite paste. When dry I toned down the design with white gesso.


While the background was drying, I primed the Leafy Twigs with white gesso and the Manchester Frame with black gesso. I used some waxes to alter the frame.


I colored the leaves with different shades of green watercolor and sprinkled them with the Avocado embossing powder while they were still wet. After having embossed them, I added some green wax. 


I cut some papers to add under the photo in the Layering Cards sheet and I glued all the embellishments with a 3D gel.


To finish the layout I added some seedlings and glitter.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Happy Accident collection - Incident, Layering Cards
Chipboards - Manchester Frame, Leafy Twigs
Embossing Powder - Avocado
Glitter - Orange Peel
Seedlings - Mustard, Paprika, Twig

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding. I love that you used historicalart pieces as your photos. The design and execution of the design is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete