Thursday, August 10, 2017

August Layouts by Catherine Giguère

Hello Blue Fern Studios Fans!  
Here's my turn to share with you two new layouts and a video tutorial. This month, I had so much fun with the gorgeous Wanderlust paper collection. 

"Merveilleux"


For this layout, I used the Wanderlust "Petites" paper as background. I put a coat of clear gesso on it and I added texture by applying modeling paste through a stencil. Then, I applied yellow inks and I stamped many details with BFS stamps and brown ink.


I left my chipboards (BFS Whimsy Flourishes and Natural Frame) raw but I put a little bit of white gesso dilued with water on them.


I also left my title raw and I add beads around the flowers to add texture.



I did a video tutorial of this layout, you can watch it here:



Blue Fern Studios products used:

Papers
Wanderlust 'Petites'
Wanderlust 'Seascape'
Wanderlust 'Calling Cards'

Chipboards

Whimsy Flourishes
Natural Frame
French Adjectives 1
Printed Chipboards

Stamps
Departure
Dispatch
Grungy Grid
Tattered Newsprint


"Magnifique"


For this layout, I used Wanderlust 'Ocean Voyage' paper. I wanted to do a beachy layout. First, I did a textured background with modeling paste, stencil, aqua and mint inks, stamps and brown ink.


I glued a piece of net on my background with medium gel. I embossed my BFS chipboards Trailing Scrolls with BFS Imagine ink Seafoam embossing powder and the BFS Swallow Border with BFS Imagine Ink Sea Mist embossing powder. Then,  I aged them with brown paste. 


I embossed my title 'Magnifique' (BFS French Adjectives 1 chipboards) with BFS Imagine Ink Black Sand to make it stand out.


I add beads and shells to complete the beachy look.


 Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Wanderlust 'Ocean Voyage'

Chipboards
Trailing Scrolls
Swallow Border
French Adjectives 1
Printed Chipboards

Stamps
Departure
Tattered Newsprint

Embossing Powders
BFS Imagine Ink 'Seafoam'
BFS Imagine Ink 'Sea Mist'
BFS Imagine Ink 'Black Sand'


I hope you have found some inspiration. I wish you a nice crafty day!
Catherine Giguère 



No comments:

Post a Comment