Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Loads of Color with Patter Cross

Happy Wednesday! It's Patter Cross here, and today I am sharing two layouts with you. The fun part is that they are 8 1/2 x 11, and I have not scrapped that size in probably 10 years or more! Let's look at them in detail.

"You Today"
This precious little one zones out when she is ready for a nap. So, here you see that adorable expression on her face as she waits for her bottle. I chose to use the Blue Fern Studios Brigitte Butterfly Set. I put down a light layer of gesso on the chipboard then painted it with Adirondack pool paint dabber. While the paint was still wet, I spritzed it with Heidi Swapp mint green color shine. In person it has a bit of a marbled look but I wasn't able to capture it on camera.
Pin It


Brigitte Butterfly Set, 074387

"Cute Stuff"
My next layout is done in the colors of the baby's room. I love the bright colors so I went bright with this layout. It was a bit hard to photograph because of the white background. The close-up photos show the colors best.

The Blue Fern Studios chipboard I used was the Good Vibes set for the title "Cute Stuff," and the Organic Vine Corner which I cut in half to use on both sides of the picture.
Pin It
For the Organic Vine Corner, I painted it with gesso and then spritzed with SEI Tumble Dye desert purple mist. I was able to get it darker in some areas so it gave it a very fun look.


The title I painted with gesso and Adirondack raspberry paint dabber. I needed it to be bright.

Good Vibes, 074899

Organic Vine Corner, 074622

Now remember, you still have time to enter the Blue Fern Studios April Sketch Challenge. I hope you will join in as there is a wonderful Blue Fern Studios prize pack up for grabs! :) Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Patter this is so pretty! the colors are so bright and yummy! beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are so adorable, and beautifully bright in color! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really so catching with their vibrant colours and cute details! the photos are just the sweetest ever!

    ReplyDelete