Friday, April 5, 2013

Two Layouts, and a Canvas, with Kelly

Hello Blue Fern friends, happy Friday!! Kelly here, with three projects to share.
First up, this layout of my sweet, sweet girlie, Paisley...


First, I have used the gorgeous Damask Motif, I just love this peace! I painted it with gesso, then hit it with a heat gun to get that awesome bubbly texture. I then went over it with mulitple layers of Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in various pastels, to give it a really beautiful shimmer. I brushed on some Prima chalk ink here and there to accent.


Next up, one of the hearts from the Heart Set. I treated this one in a similar fashion, painted with gesso first, then I sprinkled just a bit of pearl embossing powder, then set with my heat gun, once again achieving the stunning bubbly texture. I then repeated the steps above with mists/ink. I painted a thin border around the edge with gesso, as well.


Damask Motif
Damask Motif

Heart Set
Heart Set - Click Image to Close


Next, we have this 8x10 "Joy" canvas...I really had a blast with this one!


 Below you can see the beautiful Spring Iris and Garden Daisies, which were a long process of trial and error...I started with the stems, painted them with a green mist, then then dabbed with chalk ink. The flowers were first embossed with Stampendous Embossing Enamel in Aged Wine, then painted over multiple times with various colors of mists until I got the colors right. After they were dry, I used a Sharpie Paint Pen to add some white accents and details.

I blended the bottoms of the stems into the "grassy" background with modeling paste and mists.


 Above you can see I used one of the Leafy Page Accents, to add a touch of elegant detail and interest. This piece was embossed with the Aged Embossing Enamel in Aged Green, then once again I used the paint pen.


Spring Iris -Small
Spring Iris - Small
Garden Daisies - Small
Garden Daisies - Small - Click Image to Close
Leafy Page Accents
Leafy Page Accents - Click Image to Close

 And lastly..

 On this one I have used the gorgeous Princess Window, which I simply colored with gesso and chalk ink, then outlined with acrylic paint to accent.


 Below I have used just a small segment of the Floral Wreath, which I treated in the same manner as the window.

Princess Window
Princess Window - Click Image to Close
Floral Wreath
Floral Wreath - Click Image to Close

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!! Have a wonderful and creative weekend!

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thank for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each project is FABulous!! I love love all the texture and color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer Kells! talk about mixed media inspiration!! amazing textures on all of your projects, can see you had a blast creating your awesome canvas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kelly, you really wow'd me with that outstanding canvas piece. You're a wiz at creating wonderful textures and working with pretty bright colors. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowza!!! i just NEED to know how you do it al! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects. Love, love, love the Joy canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete