Saturday, September 7, 2013

A trio of cards by Yvonne Yam


Hello there! This is Yvonne Yam, here to share with you my projects using Blue Fern Studios chipboard as well as the yummy papers from 7 Dots Studio. :)


This month I wanted to challenge myself to use the same supplies to create 3 different cards. I started with a mask and 2 mist colours to create my first background. After that, I pressed my card base on the residual mists left on the mask to create the second background. And then I used another card base to get the last mist impression.


Card 1: I added some lace to the card base along with a torn strip of 9th Wave patterned paper.


I misted the Tuscan window chipboard then adhered some lace on the top and some glass bead gel on the rest of the frame. I misted the paper bloom, then added some PearlEx for sheen.


This is the Tuscan Window chipboard I used.


Card 2: I added some lace to the base and "framed" the 9th Wave diecut.


The frame chipboard was covered with glass bead gel and painted with mist.


I used the frame from the Second Hand Furnishings set.


Card 3: Some torn 9th Wave patterned paper and lace for the base and a "framed" diecut.


The mirror was misted, then layered with lace. The bottle was covered with 9th Wave patterned paper and lace.


I used the mirror and bottle from the Vanity Set.

Hope I've inspired you to use your Blue Fern Studios chipboard. :)

4 comments:

  1. The cards look amazing Yvonne, gorgeous colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are beautiful! I love the backgrounds and how they were made with the same background but look so different. I also love the look of the glass bead gel. I have never seen it before but will have to try and find some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh LOVE the backgrounds and the gorgeous colours! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your set of cards are beautiful! I love the colors you used! The blues and greens are so beautiful together!!

    ReplyDelete