Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Two layouts with the Blue Fern panels by Marie-Josee

Hello all!

I hope you are all doing fine! Spring is finally here in Canada and the weather is great. Flowers are blooming everywhere, so I was inspired to create these two colorful layouts with the Blue Fern panels.

If you have been reading the blog for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of those panels and that I don't really like to cut them: I like to use them as a background on my layouts. Without further ado, here are my two projects! :)

"Heart You" layout
To create this layout, I used the Shabby Brick panel. I glued it to my background (I used a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard) and applied gesso with a sponge.



Once dry, I applied all the colors of the rainbow, plus pink, using various mediums: Twinkling H2Os, Silks and various sprays. Here are some close-up views:

 

"Beautiful smile" layout:

For this layout, I used the Chunky Heart panel. I altered it with various colors of Gelatos. 




Then, I glued the panel to my white cardstock and sprayed some mists on top. I also added patterns with stamps and black and white ink.

Here are some close-up views:


3 comments: