Sunday, May 24, 2015

Two stories told with the same paper - by Zanka

Here's the situation: imagine you have a beautiful sheet of paper and just too many ideas for how to use it, so you can make up your mind... Can you relate to that ?
I'm the lucky girl here because I had TWO pieces of the same beautiful paper, so I could tell two different stories in slightly different styles. To make it even more fun, I used similar composition, embellishment types and the same techniques .

This is an original vintage photo from the family archive, so it deserved a vintage framing. I kept it soft and feminine. In this page I kept the beautiful border strip, it's discrete but it makes a stunning accent.
In this page I used the soft tones of the paper as a background  to contrasting lively colours of the embellisments, including pieces of Ombre Dreams.
In both layouts I'm using the mix of plain and decorated chipboards. The technique for the coloured chippies is to prime with white gesso,  paint them with watersoluble crayons or gelatos and cover with a layer of clear UTEE. I hope you can see the final effect on the close-ups below:


Supplies:
Papers: Deja vu - Friperies, Petites Cartes.  Ombre Dreams
Chipboards: Majestic frame, Dresden corsage, Floral medley frame, Chelsea vines, Doily bunting

Thank you so much for joining today! Perhaps you have some projects created with Friperies ? I'd love to see them!
DT Zanka

2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful and elegant layouts. Thank you for the tip on giving the chippies an ombre look - awesome.

    ReplyDelete