Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Beautiful Layering with Kathleen

Welcome to week 3 with our Blue Fern Fan of the Month, Kathleen White.  The Heartland Collection creates a gorgeous base for her layout. 


********************
Hello again!   Kathleen here with you. 

You will find I mainly scrap my family and our adventures.  So now our travels take us to the other side of the world!  This is a picture of my daughter with some Chinese students after they performed a dance at their school in rural China.   For this layout I selected the Heartland collection- Love Blooms paper as my base and Love Notes paper for my layers.



The first thing I did was to make three circles of various sizes with a clock mask and modeling paste.
Next I cut out several cards from the Love Notes paper.  I matted my picture and a couple of the note cards with white card stock.  Next I tore out a page from an old dictionary and crumpled it to create added texture to the layers.




 I love, love, love this sweet chipboard piece, don't you?  The first thing I did was cover it in a thin layer of gesso.  Then I came back and used Stormy Seas Embossing Powder on the long cutout portion of the chippie.  It sparkles so beautifully but unfortunately you just don't see it in the picture.  

I then used Pink Pearl Embossing Powder as a base coat on the bird and vine section of the chippie.  I then used a glaze medium and mixed it with a heavy dose of Pink Pearl glitter.  It goes on very thick and poufy which I adore!  I always try using things in different ways, such as glaze for gluing purposes.




 Here you see all of the height of the various layers topped off with a gorgeous chipboard piece.



 Last but certainly not least I finished off this light and airy layout with a mix of Blue Fern gorgeous blooms!  

Heartland Collection
Love Blooms
Love Notes
Blooms
Heartland Roses and Blooms
Heartland Blossoms
Glitter
Pink Pearl
Embossing Powder
Pink Petal
Stormy Seas
Chipboard
Spirit of Heartland


Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment: